5 Reasons Toyota Is Winning
For the last week I have had the pleasure of driving a 2015 Toyota Camry. I am someone who buys a car and drives it until the wheels fall off. I am of course Dr. Renee who believes in being thrifty when possible. That being said I haven’t driven a BRAND NEW car in forever. I had to be informed about the keyless entry and push button ignition. The car had amazing audio and TONS of options, XM/Sirius, Terrestrial radio, Pandora, my iPod etc. So there are 5 reasons that Toyota is truly winning with this car. I am sure there are many more but here are the best 5:
1. Blind Spot Monitor – a light goes on in your side mirror every time something is in your blindspot…. Who doesn’t need that??
2. Lane Departure Alert – This feature is a great feature to help prevent accidents especially sleepy drivers. If you begin to swerve, an alert will go off as you are crossing the lane marker. If an inadvertent lane departure is detected, the available Lane Departure Alert (LDA) system issues an audible warning and displays a warning on the instrument panel. It’s one more way Camry helps look out for you.
3. Pre-Collision System – If you are ever in bumper to bumper traffic and you get distracted this is a LIFESAVER!! Camry’s available Pre-Collision System (PCS) works with the Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC) system to anticipate if a frontal collision is imminent. If so, under certain conditions, the system automatically applies the brakes.
4. Backup Camera – This takes a lot of getting used to, every time you put the car in reverse the picture of everything behind you comes up on the screen. All Camry audio systems include a standard backup camera.
5. Wireless Charging – How many times have you forgot your car charger or did not have enough cords or outlets for your riders? There is a nonslip surface that will wirelessly charge your Qi-compatible device.
I almost forgot to mention that this vehicle was GREAT on GAS!!! I was surpised because it is a mid-size vehicle and I just knew that I was going to have to fill it a couple times during the week. If you have a Camry or a Toyota please let me know how you like it. Also if you are interested in any of these great perks please share with me in the comments.
Disclosure: I received the 2015 Toyota Camry to review for one week and share my honest opinion.
No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own.