Ask Dr. Renee: Should I Freeze My Eggs?
Should I Freeze My Eggs?
Are you working the career of your dreams? Are you too busy to date? Are you having trouble getting married and starting a family? This is a scenario way to familiar to many women these days. We are so busy climbing the corporate ladder or building our businesses that we forget to have a family. This is where a big question comes to mind, when should I freeze my eggs? There are several factors to consider before freezing your eggs. Are you a good candidate, can you afford it and are there any options
What are the pros and cons of egg freezing?
The biggest con is that there is no guarantee that once the eggs are thawed that implantation will be successful and result in the birth of a healthy baby. Egg preservation is not covered by insurance because it is considered to be an elective procedure. Currently, it can cost thousands to tens of thousands of dollars to freeze your eggs, thaw the eggs and finally implant them in your uterus. Most people do not have success on the first round of implantation hence the rising costs. In order to prepare your body for the egg preservation you have to take hormones, which can have a whole host of side effects.
Today an article has been published that Facebook and Apple will pay for you to freeze your eggs. I think this is a great idea. I hope more companies will do the same thing. The company gets to hold on great talent and women can become moms and stay in Corporate America.
Ask Dr. Renee: On-The-Go Coupon Tips
On-the-go Coupon Tips
I attended The Oprah Winfrey Show in 2006 and saw this lady spend $25 for over $100 worth of groceries for her family of four. I told my mom that if she could do it so could I. I started purchasing both papers every Sunday and I got a binder and organized my coupons by category. I checked the sales sheets for the items that were on sale so I could plan my meals accordingly. Here are some tips to help you to save lots of money with coupons.
1. Purchase multiple Sunday papers – Find out which Sunday paper has the best coupons. The Sunday papers have different coupons. If you realize that one has better coupons than the other buy several copies of that paper.
2. Coupon Clipping Service – I went online and found coupon clipping services that had coupons for the products that I buy reguarly and I stocked up on them.
3. Join the store loyalty program – Most of the stores now have an online component or an app on your smartphone that will allow you to attach coupons to your card. If you have the coupons attached to your card you will receive the savings at the register but if you have a paper coupon in addition to the coupons on your card you will save tons of money and possible get the items for free.
4. Learn the coupon rules of your store – We had a grocery store that took expired coupons. I will never forget the day I bought yogurt and only paid $.01!! I had several expired coupons and the yogurt was on sale. Walgreens only allows 1 coupon per item. Some grocery stores have double coupon days and some have it all the time and some not at all.
5. Know the prices of items – I had a book that I kept with the prices of meat, produce, household items etc. This way I knew when I saw a steal. It is best to carry a calculator with you when you shop so you can do some quick math. Just because it says buy 2 for this price, you don’t have to buy 2 you can buy 1 but you should check the price for 1. Also look at the unit price to make sure you are saving money.
6. Get a raincheck – If they are out of the sale item request a raincheck so you can get the same sale price when they get more items in stock
7. Pay attention to the cash register – I personally use self-checkout when I have tons of coupons because I want to see that I get all the savings I am suppose to and I go at my own pace. Watch the cashier and make certain that all your coupons count.
8. Coupon Apps:
Checkout 51 – You can get cash back on milk, eggs, and other everyday groceries. You can download Checkout51 here! I use this and I like it a lot.
Favado – I have never used this I just learned of it while writing this post
Click Here to download Favado to your phone
9. Coupon Sites:
10. Please check out Money Mailer where they have coupons for everyday things like take out, cleaners, car washes, entertainment etc. http://bit.ly/1vBBvJr
I am participating in this campaign as a member of The Niche Parent Network & Conference in partnership with Money Mailer. All opinions are my own.
Ask Dr. Renee: Please Save The TaTas
Please Save The TaTas
It is hard to go anywhere and not see a pink ribbon; it must be Breast Cancer Awareness Month. As a doctor, I of course believe that breast health is very important especially because it is the second leading cause of cancer death in our community. In recent years breast cancer is being diagnosed in women under 30 and with no family history. I want to tell you the story of a friend of mine who fought the breast cancer fight and tried to make a difference for others because it was too late for her.
My friend Kim and I went to medical school together we kept in touch via email and Facebook in recent years. When Kim was 10 years old she had been diagnosed with a Wilm’s tumor in her kidney she fought it and survived. 20 years later she felt a lump in her breast. She told her doctor and the insurance company refused to pay for the specialized testing that her physician needed to make her diagnosis. This delayed diagnosis for a period of time. Unfortunately, African American women are being diagnosed at younger ages with a very aggressive breast cancer. So time is very important to catch the cancer before it spreads. I wish this story had a happy ending, but my friend ended up with cancer in several organs and she lost her fight earlier this year. Kim fought a very hard fight, she was originally diagnosed in 2008 and she fought long and hard.
This article was originally posted on BlackandMarriedwithKids.com
5 Tips to Save The Tatas
Please check out my article on Goodenoughmother.com about 5 Tips to PREVENT BREAST CANCER.
Is Your Marriage In Trouble?
This Is Not A Sponsored Post
Is your marriage in trouble? If so then please keep reading. Some of you may know that last month I became a contributor for BlackandMarriedwithKids.com. Ronnie and Lamar Tyler have made a business of helping people stay married thru their documentaries about different types of families blended, families dealing with illness etc. and now they have an AMAZING series about how to TRANSFORM YOUR MARRIAGE. You by know means have to take my word for it but check it out yourself. They are not paying me for this post. I am just supporting a couple that is doing great things to make this world a better place. Just imagine how different our world would be if more kids came from 2-parent homes.